OnManicLine Policies for Handling Personal Information
Last Modified: February 23, 2019
OnManicLine, Inc. (hereinafter "the company") handles OnManicLine users’ personal information according to the following policies.
Articles of personal information collected
The company supports various SNS logins for convenient member registration and service provision, and during this process processes the following personal information.
- Register with Facebook: ID, Nickname
- Register with Google: ID, Nickname
- Email login: email address, Nickname, password
You can register your email address and/or nickname to your profile while using OnManicLine. The registration of email address and/or nickname is optional and you can edit your profile information whenever needed.
We also collect the email address and reserve the right to collect contact information and item delivery information when you contact us or if you are sent items during a special event.
When you use our service, your network information (IP address, nation based on IP address, types of network, etc.), records of service use (frequency of use, visited or consumed product, etc.), device information (make, model, OS, etc.) are generated and may be collected.
Methods of collecting personal information
The company collects the following information in order to provide you with its services.
- Information submitted directly by users when registering for or using the OnManicLine service
- Information provided to us by affiliated companies
- Information automatically generated and collected in the course of using the service
Use of 3rd Party Analytics
The company uses DoubleClick cookies. The cookie ID is used for the purpose of analyzing the effectiveness of advertisements and not displaying the same ads over and over again. Users can stop the use of DoubleClick cookies by visiting and changing Google's advertisement settings [here]
Some of the advertisements you see on OnManicLine are tailored to your interests and based on your online browsing activity. You may opt-out these 'tailored advertisements' from third-party ad providers who are members of The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) by clicking [here]. You may also find additional details on how to opt-out on your mobile devices [here]. Please note, opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertising on our platform. Upon opting out, the company or companies which you opt out from will no longer show advertisements that have been tailored to your interests.
The purpose of collecting and using personal information
The company makes use of collected information for the following purposes.
- Helping users make use of the service more smoothly
- To distinguish users and prevent improper usage of the site
- To generate statistical data pertaining to usage of the service
- To conduct surveys and analyses necessary for improving the service
- To draw tickets and send out prizes for campaigns and events
- To confirm a user’s identity when we receive an inquiry and to be able to respond to it
- For payment and billing when a user purchases a product or uses a service which is not free
- To send users important notifications when necessary
- To disseminate advertisement information for events
Sharing and provision of personal information
As a rule, the company does not share user information with external parties without prior consent from users. However, the following instances are exceptions.
- When users have agreed to information sharing
- When it is required by law
Consignment of personal information handling
The company has the right to consigned the collection of personal information for the provision of its services in the following manner that will be updated here and with any OnManicLine, Inc. subsidiaries that may be created to more effectively perform our services.
Information concerning the consigned companies and their duties will be listed below and updated as they become available:
The rights of users and legal representatives and how to exercise them
- Users and legal representatives may at any time view or edit their own registered personal information or that of a minor who is less than 14 years of age. They may also request the deletion of their account.
- When a user requests an amendment to incorrect personal information, we do not use or provide the personal information until it has been corrected. In addition, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, we notify the third party immediately of the amendment to be made and ensure that the information is corrected.
- The company processes personal information suspended or deleted upon the request of a user or legal representative as per the section "Period of storage and usage of personal information." We ensure that the information cannot be viewed or used for any other purpose.
Installation, management and refusal of automatic personal information collection devices
- Purpose of using cookies
We use and analyze cookies from services used or websites visited by users in order to provide users with optimal service.
- Installing, managing and refusing cookies
The user has the right to choose their cookie settings. By using the options provided by their browser or OS, the user may allow or refuse cookie storage. However, when cookie storage is refused, users may experience difficulties using certain services which require login.
Period of storage and usage of personal information
As a rule, the company eliminates records of users’ personal information once the purpose of their collection and usage is accomplished. However, in cases where records need to be stored according to the company’s internal policies or relevant legislature, we reserve the right to store personal information for a certain period of time.
The process and methods of eliminating personal information
The process and methods of eliminating personal information are as follows.
- Process of elimination
Once the purpose of information entered by users to make use of the service has been accomplished, it is stored for a certain period of time and then eliminated as per the company’s internal policies and relevant legislation. Unless it is stipulated by law, the personal information will not be used for anything other than storage.
- Methods of elimination
Personal information printed on paper is shredded, and information stored electronically is permanently deleted so as to prevent it from ever being used again.
For inquiries concerning the protection of personal information
If you have any questions, concerns or inquiries concerning the Policies for Handling Personal Information, you may send them to our personal information management department at: OnManicLine Contact Us
Scope of effectiveness
The Policies for Handling Personal Information do not apply to information collected by other companies through linked pages within the service.
Amendments to the Policies for Handling Personal Information
If any additions, deletions or amendments are made to the Policies for Handling Personal Information, a notification will be posted on the "Notice" page at least 7 days prior to any changes made. However, for significant changes made to user rights such as the collection and utilization or provision to third parties of personal information, we will post a notification 30 days in advance.